My Notes On Tonight’s Smash:
- Megan FREAKING Hilty, you SLAAAAAY MEEEEE with your absolute precision in everything that you do. How do you perfect?
- Karen. Not as bad in this episode. Torturing you? I should say not. I’d say he’s giving you a chance to be better; bettering yourself as a performer and a person. Sometimes you just have to get over yourself.
- THIS IS THE JULIA/MICHAEL STORYLINE I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR! PRAISE THE GOOD LORD JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY. I know the storyline is a total cliché, but, man do I love me a good mini TV RomCom!
- I will never get over Debra Messing’s amazing red locks. HOW DO YOU HAIR!?
- Christian Borle had gay sex and made up songs about Leo and drugs. Brava. I have conflicting feelings about Tom (a. He’s played by Christian Borle, who maddens me sometimes), but, I may just be more than warming up to the character.
- ELLIS, GTFO MY SCREEN BEFORE I WHOOP YOUR SORRY LITTLE ASS.
- Not an adequate amount of Anjelica Houston in this episode.
- Brian D’Arcy James, come back to meeeeee!
- Jack Davenport, you’re brilliant. Totally brilliant.
Looking at the whole picture, the episode was pretty…wow (decipher that “wow” however you will). Brava, NBC for not canceling the show after only 3 freaking episodes (like you did to the AH-MAH-ZING show The Playboy Club who used to occupy what is now Smash’s time-slot). I look forward to what the writers have in store for the weeks to come…